- 44th and 3rd Book Collection
- African Antiquity
- Barack Obama
- Biography & Autobiography
- Children's Grade 1-2
- Children's Grade 3-4
- Children's Grade 4-6
- Children's Pre K - Kindergarten
- Comics & Graphic Novels
- Fiction I
- Fiction II
- Middle School
- Study Aids
- Test Prep
- Women's Studies
- Young Adult 10-12
- Young Adult 7-9
- Young Adults
- Barack Obama's 2021 Favorite Books
- Martin Luther King Jr. Book List
- Contact Us
You are hereBack to top
How to Fight Racism: Courageous Christianity and the Journey Toward Racial Justice (Hardcover)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
How do we effectively confront racial injustice? We need to move beyond talking about racism and start equipping ourselves to fight against it.
In this follow-up to the New York Times Bestseller the Color of Compromise, Jemar Tisby offers an array of actionable items to confront racism. How to Fight Racism introduces a simple framework--the A.R.C. Of Racial Justice--that teaches readers to consistently interrogate their own actions and maintain a consistent posture of anti-racist behavior.
The A.R.C. Of Racial Justice is a clear model for how to think about race in productive ways:
- Awareness: educate yourself by studying history, exploring your personal narrative, and grasping what God says about the dignity of the human person.
- Relationships: understand the spiritual dimension of race relations and how authentic connections make reconciliation real and motivate you to act.
- Commitment: consistently fight systemic racism and work for racial justice by orienting your life to it.
Tisby offers practical tools for following this model and suggests that by applying these principles, we can help dismantle a social hierarchy long stratified by skin color. He encourages rejection passivity and active participation in the struggle for human dignity. There is hope for transforming our nation and the world, and you can be part of the solution.